Saturday, February 13, 2010

It snowed yesterday in Georgia, so what did I do? I made Roasted Red Peppers!

The weatherman said it was going to snow 1-3 inches here in GA.  When it snows here everything shuts down just because they don't have the equipment to handle all of the snow.  So run to the markets, gas stations and movie stores to get what you need because you won't be leaving your house for a couple days.  I was lucky I started out early before the snow and bought about 5lbs of red peppers.  I was on a mission to make lots of sweet garlicky peppers. 

6-10 Red Peppers, washed, cored, cut into strips
Garlic, as much as you want, peeled and smashed
Olive Oil
Kosher salt
Cracked Pepper
Garlic Powder


Make sure you line your baking pan with tin foil; it's easier to clean up later. Spread the peppers evenly inside side up.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Add the garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil, lots of olive oil.  Mix so each pepper is wet with oil and seasonings.  Oven--425 for about 35 mins.  Watch the peppers, and you can mix them so they don't get burned.  I like mine a little black....I think the darker they are the sweeter they taste. Enjoy with nice crusty bread and provolone cheese...YUMMM

No comments: